3 April 2020

syria

Turkish military says 18 Islamic State militants killed in clashes in Syria

KONFRONTASI-Turkey's military, backing Syrian rebels in a four-month-old operation against Islamic State militants in northern Syria, said on Tuesday that 18 of the jihadists had been killed and 37 wounded in clashes and artillery fire on Monday.

In a round-up of its operations over the past 24 hours, the army said its warplanes destroyed four Islamic State targets and Russian aircraft hit jihadists in Dayr Kak, 8 km (5 miles) southwest of the Islamic State-controlled town of al-Bab.[mr/reuters]

Turkey and Russia 'agree' on nationwide Syria ceasefire

KONFRONTASI-Turkey and Russia have agreed on a country-wide ceasefire plan for Syria, except for areas where government forces are battling armed groups declared terrorist organisations by the UN.

Turkey's state-run Anadolu news agency reported on Wednesday that a ceasefire plan had been submitted to Syria's rival parties and could come into force as soon as midnight 22:00 GMT.

Citing a source who requested anonymity, Anadolu said "terrorist organisations" would be excluded from the deal.

Air strikes kill 10 children in ISIL-held Deir Az Zor

KONFRONTASI-Air strikes have killed at least 22 people, including 10 children, in an ISIL-held village in eastern Syria, a monitor has said.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported on Wednesday that the raids hit the village of Hajna in Deir Az Zor province, killing 12 people from one family and 10 from another. It said at least 10 children were among the dead.

Local activists quoted online said the air strikes happened on Tuesday.

Bandara Aleppo akan Kembali Dioperasikan

KONFRONTASI-Pejabat Suriah mengatakan bandar udara internasional kota Aleppo di utara akan segera beroperasi lagi setelah pasukan pemerintah menguasai kembali wilayah-wilayah yang diduduki pemberontak di Aleppo timur. Direktur perusahaan pengelola bandara, Bassem Mansour menyampaikan rencana itu kepada para wartawan di landasan pacu bandara, Rabu (21/12).

Aleppo evacuations resume after delays

KONFRONTASI-Evacuations from the last rebel-held enclave of Aleppo have resumed despite heavy snowfall after being stalled for a day, according to aid officials and pro-government media reports.

Obstacles hindering evacuations from eastern Aleppo and from two villages besieged by opposition fighters outside the city had been overcome on Wednesday, clearing a path for Syria's army to take full control of the devastated city.

Anak-anak Yatim Dievakuasi dari Medan Perang Aleppo

KONFRONTASI - Ribuan orang, termasuk puluhan anak yatim, telah meninggalkan Aleppo lewat proses evakuasi terbesar sejauh ini dari kota yang terkepung akibat konflik di Suriah itu.

Lebih dari 4.500 warga sipil sudah meninggalkan kawasan di Aleppo timur yang dikuasai oleh kelompok pemberontak, Senin (19/12).

Salah satunya adalah seorang anak perempuan berusia tujuh tahun, Bana Alabed, yang pernah mengirim pesan di Twitter tentang kondisi di Aleppo.

UN Security Council backs sending observers to Aleppo

KONFRONTASI-With Russia's backing, the United Nations Security Council on Monday voted to quickly deploy UN observers to Aleppo to monitor evacuations and report on the fate of civilians who remain in the besieged Syrian city.

The council unanimously adopted the French-drafted resolution that marks the first show of unity in months among world powers grappling with the crisis in Syria.

The resolution calls for UN officials and others to be able to monitor evacuations from eastern Aleppo and the safety of civilians who remain in the Syrian city.

Orphans among thousands evacuated from east Aleppo

KONFRONTASI-Dozens of buses carrying evacuees including orphaned children from the last rebel-held district of Aleppo travelled to opposition-controlled areas outside the city early on Monday, according to Turkish officials and a monitoring group.

Turkey said that about 20,000 people have been evacuated from eastern Aleppo so far, as a fragile ceasefire between rebels and government forces was holding.

Thousands leave east Aleppo as evacuations continue

KONFRONTASI-Dozens of buses carrying evacuees from the last rebel-held district of Aleppo travelled to opposition-controlled areas of countryside outside the city early on Monday, a United Nations official and a monitor said.

The UN official told Reuters news agency that 50 buses and two ambulances had left the rebel zone, while the UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights (SOHR) said 65 buses had left carrying about 3,500 people.

Gunmen burn buses, stalling Aleppo evacuation deal

KONFRONTASI-Armed men burned five buses that were supposed to be used for an evacuation near Idlib in Syria on Sunday, stalling a deal to allow thousands to depart the last rebel pocket in Aleppo, where evacuees crammed into buses for hours, waiting to move.

The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, said the evacuation of the villages had been postponed as a result, and that meant the evacuation of east Aleppo was also likely to be postponed.

Pages